Beauchamps High School is a community and as such believes that all members of its community are of equal value and invaluable worth. At Beauchamps High School we believe that all students are entitled to contribute actively in shaping the educational experience they and their fellow students receive. The vision of the Student Council is to improve the whole school experience for students and it exists to give each student a voice, promoting whole school improvement through student involvement. It is a think tank.
What is Student Council?
Student Council is the system through which young people are enabled to give their opinions and suggestions on school life in an open, honest, secure yet constructive way. The structure of the student council is shown below.
Full Student Council Meetings
A full Student Council meeting is held once a term where all the Year Council representatives, Executive Committee representatives, Head of Year, Governors and members of the Senior Leadership team meet to discuss those topics that students want to raise. Feedback from this meeting will then be on the agenda for the next full student council meeting.
Dates of this year’s meetings are:
Term 2 – Spring
- Tuesday 12th January Executive Council meeting (3pm B&E Boardroom)
- Monday 25th January Student Council Assembly (All Week)
- Monday 1st February Student Class Council meeting this week
- Monday 8th February Student Council year group meeting this week
- Thursday 25th February Full Student Council meeting (3pm B&E Conference Room) – Click here for the minutes of this meeting.
Term 3 – Summer
- Tuesday 26th April Executive Council meeting (3pm B&E Boardroom)
- Monday 9th May Student Class Council meeting this week
- Monday 16th May Student Council year group meeting this week
- Thursday 9th June Full Student Council meeting (3pm B&E Conference Room)Some of the activities that Student Council have been involved in this year
Road Safety Project:
This is an ongoing project, led by Sixth Form student Rob and other members of the School Council, to look at the position of the Zebra crossing and the safety of students and traffic flow outside of school.