Therese Brabant (email@example.com) our Higher Education Coordinator, leads the support provision for students who wish to progress to university, ensuring excellent advice and guidance for students on the UCAS process through the tutorial programme.
Our programme of Higher Education enrichment activities includes:
- Use of the UCAS platform to help students make good initial choices and submit strong applications
- Mock university interviews
- Visits from university representatives
- Guest speakers
- Library helpdesk
Events and activities are advertised through the Sixthform Monday Email bulletin, tutorial, subject lessons and via the Sixthform Lounge.
- In-class support.
- Weekly 1-2-1 support.
- Small group GCSE Maths support.
For ALL students:
- A twice weekly ‘Drop In’ study skills clinic where students can access help with issues such as organisation, time management and revision techniques.
- A Comfort Zone where students can work or relax in a quieter setting.
- A quiet workroom with WP access
- The Social Hub (which runs every Wednesday during the Enrichment period and provides a smaller, quieter space for students to meet others and socialise).