Welcome to our new admissions page and thank you for considering us. If we are your preferred choice, your child will be joining one of the most successful schools in Essex where we have a long tradition of outstanding performance. Examination results at the school are amongst the best in Essex and we place a strong emphasis on the quality of teaching and learning. As a student, your child will be expected to work hard at all times and to always do their best but we strive to ensure that all learners feel happy and safe, promoting a love of learning. The school has high expectations on behaviour, attendance, punctuality and appearance. Our students are expected to be polite, respectful and helpful, and to wear their uniform with pride. Beauchamps High School is an exciting place and I hope to welcome you into the Beauchamps family.
If you are looking for our admission arrangements for 2022-2023…
Students should only have a mobile phone in school if their parent has completed a mobile phone permission slip and returned it to Student Reception. If a student does have permission to have a mobile phone, the following rules apply:
Mobile phones must not be seen or used during lesson time or at any time whilst in the school building. The only exception to these rules are in the ‘Mobile Phone Zones’ (Upper School Canteen, Main Canteen, Picnic Area) at break and lunch time. If a student is seen to be using a mobile phone outside these areas, there will be a sanction put in place. If the student refuses to comply, then the phone will be confiscated by a member of SLT or the ECM team.
The school accepts no liability for loss of or damage to the phone at any time whatsoever. The phone is, at all times, the responsibility of the child. Where offensive or bullying text messages or voice mails have been sent, the phone of the offender will be confiscated and returned to a parent. Offensive messages may be recorded. These would be handed to the police if the offence was subject to police investigation. If a student has a phone in school without a signed permission slip, their phone will be confiscated.
Our uniform consists of:
- A black blazer with school badge
- Plain white cotton/polycotton formal traditional blouse/traditional shirt with a collar, buttoned to the neck and worn with school tie, school crest to be fully visible just below the knot
- Beauchamps High School skirt.
- Formal black trousers of standard length (plain black belt worn through belt-loops optional). Tight trousers and jeans not permitted. No other forms of skirts or trousers are acceptable
- Plain black formal flat shoes (not boots, trainers/sports shoes or other footwear such as Vans/Converse or similar)
- Plain black knitted ‘V’ neck pullover or cardigan (not sweatshirt or tracksuit top). Hoodies can be worn over blazer as a coat (not in school)
- Plain black or white knee length or ankle socks or plain black or beige tights
- Subtle and light make-up, including clear nail varnish, is permitted.
Extreme, unnatural hair styles and colours are not permitted
Students who are not in full school uniform should report to their Year Leader upon arrival in school with a note from their parents/guardian stating the reason. A uniform note or appropriate sanction will be issued. Parents/guardians may also be contacted.
Please note: the PE uniform rules do not apply to the 6th Form Football Academy
The government will be bringing in new legislation regarding uniform which is expected to begin at the start of the academic year 2022-23.